August 12, 2020 4 min read
We would like to thank K.H Poon Physiotherapy and their team for taking time out of their schedule to do this interview.
1. Could you share some simple exercises of activities that seniors can do to slow down the loss of mobility?
1. Support: use the arms of the chair
2. Depth: use a slightly higher chair
3. Weight: bodyweight
1. Support: cross your arms across your chest
2. Depth: use a slightly lower chair
3. Weight: carry a bag of rice, adjusting the weight to your tolerance
For more exercises, watch our video here!
2. Are there also exercises to improve hand dexterity?
3. Why is it important for seniors to maintain their mobility?
To maintain current mobility, or even increase mobility, can improve many of the adverse effects associated with decreased strength and mobility. Mobility reduces muscle loss and fall risk, maintains independence and improves quality of life. As mentioned earlier, resistance training is also important in addition to simply remaining mobile, to maintain and improve physical strength, independence and quality of life.
4. Feel free to add any other information you would like to share with our readers.
Comments will be approved before showing up.
July 06, 2021 4 min readRead More
Sign up to stay updated on our latest events, products and promotions.