Although most bathroom safety products are known to have a high level of resistance to water and rust, they are not completely maintenance-free. Regular upkeep and maintenance of these products would allow it to last longer.
Simple maintenance after every use would help to ensure that bathroom products are kept sanitary and ready for use.
After every use:
1. Wipe dry after use
- Use a clean, dry cloth to wipe off excess water and moisture
- Allow item to air dry in a well-ventilated location
2. Ensure proper disinfection for commodes
- Empty bucket and rinse with soap and water
- Wipe it down with anti-bacterial detergent wipes
- Remember to clean underside of commode seat as well
Periodic maintenance is also necessary to ensure the durability of these bathroom safety products. Periodic maintenance should be done once every 2-3 weeks.
1. Reduce rust and corrosion
- Spray WD40 on the metal parts but exclude the wheels and brakes
- This provides extra protection against rust and corrosion, especially if item is constantly exposed to water
2. Check on metal parts
- Check if any parts have gotten loosen over time
- Tighten parts where necessary
3. Check on wheels
- Remove hair and dirt which may have lodged between the wheel and axle
- Ensure all wheels are able to spin freely and smoothly